I can't believe I haven't posted here since Rosh Hashana (the Jewish new year).
So... where have I been?
BUSY MAKING BABIES!!!
Okay, I made a baby and am now slave to a newborn.
We named him Aaron Meir.
I had forgotten how "newborny" newborns are. The feeling of responsibility is daunting. Newborns are so _______________ weak/small/precious/vulnerable/beautiful/precious/overwhelming/poopy.
I feel like I need to do a lightening round of WHERE IS ESTHER before I can start blogging regularly.
Here are some of my thoughts on the past few months:
1. Damn he is a loud pooper. People in the next room can hear him release.
2. Having a 2.5 year old that doesn't nap is absolutely horrible when you have a newborn.
3. 2am and 4am parties aren't as fun as they were in college.
4. Giving birth vaginally is way better than by emergency c-section.
5. Birth hurts but it's doable. No epidural means no intervention, which is just awesome.
6. A second degree vaginal tear SUCKS. Trying to do it all right after giving birth means you might rip some stitches and set your healing time back by weeks.
7. Sleep deprivation is really really really bad for brain function. Writing. Forming complete sentences in conversation. Coming up with words. Having patience with your 2.5 year old. God I miss napping. God I miss sleep.
8. Thank God for the baby swing.
9. The double BOB stroller does not have an insert for the Chicco car seat - what the hell are they thinking????
10. I have become addicted to PretzelCrisps. Not this is not a paid advertisement, I have truly fallen in love with these pretzels. I have become accustomed to dipping them in butter. I have also become accustomed to not fitting into my clothes.
11. A doula is vital to a good birth experience. So is an excellent nurse. So is an excellent doctor.
12. I miss chocolate, a lot. My nursing babies (well Sadie and I am unwilling to test with Aaron) do not do well when I eat chocolate.
13. I'm really excited about the new slippers I bought for myself on Zappos today. They are warm and have arch support.
14. I can't believe what's going on in the east coast. How can there be Americans with no power for longer than a day???
15. I really hate the direction my house faces. There is no light in my house until late afternoon. I wish I could turn my house to face north/south.
16. I'm jealous of Sadie's bright pink Hello Kitty undies... I wish they made them in my size.
17. I have forgotten how to spell.
18. Those Pampers sensitive wipes run out so quickly. Can't they give us more damn wipes?
19. Vaccines are on my mind. I've bought a ton of books about them. To get a flu shot or not to get a flu shot?
20. I miss my ob. I used to look forward to seeing him and now I have to wait until my 6 week check up and then if I problems DOWN THERE.
21. My newborn cries in the car. Just like his big sister used to. Distances I can travel have been halved.
22. My husband is so much more organized than me, it's sickening.
23. I'm bored being a stay at home mom. BORED. Epically bored. I know I'm doing what's best for my kids but I'm feeling like I'm getting dumber by the day.
24. Boys ARE so much easier than girls.
25. I am thankful to God for my vbac, my healthy baby and my family.
26. Did I mention I miss sleep? Chocolate? My v
Meet the Blogger!
I'm a mom. A writer. A lover of good fantasy. A proponent of nursing when possible. A birth advocate. I am absolutely horrible at keeping my house clean or the dishes washed or the laundry done. I strongly believe in women having a positive birth. When we start to respect women's rights to birth the way they want, we can start to treat women as equal people in this world.
Sites I Value