Here is a list of things Sadie does that is cute and annoying at the same time:
1. She demands the piece of newly buttered toast about to enter my mouth. I give it to her. She scrapes off the butter, eats it and throws the bread on the floor.
2. She will not eat in her highchair. She will eat only in someone's lap (picking at their plate) or on the floor.
3. If I give Sadie a cup/bowl/plate with food, she will turn it upside down and then eat off the floor.
4. If I'm sweeping the floor she will take food from her mouth and throw it into the dustpan. Toys and other things that are not garbage will be eagerly flung into the garbage pile. She will follow me around and laugh as I say again and again "no, Sadie, that's not garbage."
5. She has not found a puddle, mess or other disgusting thing that she can ignore. She will step into it, repeatedly. And then drag her foot for 6 inches to make sure the mess grows in size.
6. If I am trying to eat at a restaurant she will throw a fuss until I hold her and let her dig into my food with both hands. If I don't do this she will scream bloody murder nonstop.
7. She is in love with her bubbles. Bubbles in the morning, bubbles in the day. And she likes to lick the wand.
8. She can't drink out of a juice box. Drinking out of a juice box means there will be juice all over Sadie and the floor. The juicebox straw is discarded immediately. Instead Sadie prefers to squeeze the box and drink from the hole on the top of the box.
9. After Sherman, our neighbor'd dog, stole a cracker out of Sadie's hand last week, all crackers are now Sherman food in Sadie's mind. I have tried getting her to eat her crackers but she refuses. Instead she takes a bite and tries to get Sherman to eat the rest of it.
10. When Sadie sleeps she burrows into my neck. I have woken up once from a dream of being suffocated. I found Sadie's head to be pushing my neck in and cutting off my oxygen supply.
11. She sits on the potty and makes big grunting noises. She still has her diapers on but it's a start. And it's pretty hilarious.
12. If the shower is running she will run into it fully clothed. Every time.
Okay, that's all I can think of for now. Any cute but annoying things your kids do?
Meet the Blogger!
I'm a mom. A writer. A lover of good fantasy. A proponent of nursing when possible. A birth advocate. I am absolutely horrible at keeping my house clean or the dishes washed or the laundry done. I strongly believe in women having a positive birth. When we start to respect women's rights to birth the way they want, we can start to treat women as equal people in this world.
Sites I Value